In our experience, there are typically three categories of kitchen cabinet painters:
- The well-intentioned DIY-er
- The budget-friendly painting company who says, “Sure, why not? We can paint cabinets…”
- True cabinet painting professionals
The first category is growing by leaps and bounds these days, especially with the explosion of empowering content you can find on social media and the internet in general. And, we get it! Painting cabinets, in theory, doesn’t seem like such a big deal.
The second category is also growing as painting companies are quickly scrambling to meet the demand for painted kitchens. The scary thing is, many put on a confident front but are actually learning on the fly, essentially using YOUR kitchen as a learning/training opportunity!
The third category, like our team here at Brennan Contracting, is doing its best to answer questions from clients like you, and offering information to help you make the right decision for your home. And, we’re also fixing a lot of those DIY projects…
For more information, take a look at this brief video shared by Craig Brennan.
Why Hire an Experienced Cabinet Painter? What’s the Difference?
Here are a few of the key areas where experience really counts, and shines:
- Durability – A major concern among homeowners is the durability of their painted finish. It’s ironic, with that primary concern in mind, that many are trying to do the work themselves or hire a subpar painter. In reality, professionally painted cabinets ARE durable, washable, and can withstand the wear and tear of your home like a factory finish would. Cutting corners, on the other hand, results in premature chipping and peeling… We see, and fix, these issues all the time.
- A Focus On Prep – With budget and time constraints driving them, “regular” painting companies often skip the first surface preparation steps. Not good! A deep clean is essential, followed by scuff sanding, repairs, 2 coats of primer, sealer coat, and 2 finish coats.
- Controlled Environment – The wrong painter can turn the heart of your home into a disaster zone. The right painter knows how to minimize dust, contain the space, and often will have an off-site space for refinishing doors and drawers. Here at Brennan Contracting, for example, we have a freshly-remodeled spray shop with a dust-free environment and dedicated space for spraying.
- Upgrades! – Beyond just painting, a team like ours can also replace drawer slides, add soft-close hinges, update pulls, add new hardware, install molding, etc… They will look, and feel, like new cabinets!
- Warranties – Will your painter stand by their work? We offer a 1-year warranty on our cabinets, standing behind our finishes and offering extra peace of mind.
Find the Best Local Cabinet Painting Company – It’s Worth the Investment
We love and support DIY projects in many cases, but when it comes to surfaces as important and valuable as those in your kitchen, we recommend experimenting and practicing in a different space. Take the time to research and find an experienced, dedicated cabinet painting service provider.
If you have any other questions about your Pitman, NJ, cabinet painting project, we welcome you to give us a call! We’re here to help.