Household pathogens can cause havoc where health is concerned. While it is easy to monitor the hygiene and health as far as food and personal cleanliness are concerned, it’s the dust mites, the mildew and the fungus that reside on our walls and in our bathrooms that can be deadly to our overall health.
That paint succeeds in protecting the walls against the elements is a given. The surface looks good and you feel mentally refreshed. But that is not all paint can do – if you buy the correct brand, that is. Antimicrobial paints have become a fast-growing market in recent times.
So what exactly is antibacterial/antimicrobial paint?
Antimicrobial paint has the capacity to tackle 99.9% of the most common of pathogens. It is also resistant to mildew, fungus and mold. The product is suitable for most environments. The best part is that the paints are totally safe for humans, and the fact that they come in a wide range of colors is a plus.
Advantages of using antibacterial/antimicrobial paints
- Recent times have seen many outbreaks of food poisoning and infections acquired at hospitals. This has heightened the need to be more vigilant as far as bacteria and pathogens are concerned.
- Using antibacterial paints under the given circumstances is a good idea; it not only works as a defense against pathogens by maintaining good standards of hygiene, but cuts down the risk of getting infections from contaminated surfaces.
- Antibacterial/antimicrobial paint is economical to use and easy to maintain over the years. This makes it the paint of choice.
- Promising results have been noticed in the paint’s capacity to fight the ‘superbug’, the microbes that are resistant to most antibiotics that hospital surfaces are infected with. According to research, the ‘superbug’ is known to cause over 80,000 deaths yearly in the U.S. alone. This is enough reason to use antimicrobial paint on walls, especially in hospitals and healthcare centers.
- These special paints are perfect for most homes, offices and healthcare centers. They are ideal for areas that have a high amount of human traffic.
- An additive in these specialty paints makes them extremely safe for humans.
- Very high environmental standards are maintained while making these paints. They are odorless and have low VOC.
- The finished product is equal to any; there’s a high quality finish and the maintenance is easy.
When you next decide to redo your walls, reach out for the antibacterial/antimicrobial paint. It is the best way to ensure the health and happiness of your family.